Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

I’m blowing the dust off of this blog to wish you all a Happy Halloween. Please excuse the coughing. I know it’s a thick layer of dust. As a kid, Halloween was my favorite holiday. 2 reasons. #1: CANDY! #2: it’s the day before my birthday. So Halloween was always like my own personal version of Christmas Eve.


There is a photo on my desk of my brother and me wearing Halloween costumes. Judging by the hair sticking out of my mask, I think I was in the 1st grade and he was in preschool. I’m a tall-for-my-age pink rabbit with big ears and he’s Caspar the friendly ghost. The masks have big smiles on them and I bet ours matched underneath. After all, we were about to be unleashed on unlimited candy for the evening.


Tonight my costume will consist of a “Happy Halloween” shirt, a skirt, and my orange & black striped tights. I will grab a few mini chocolate bars from the candy bowl when the giant hot dog in charge of candy distribution isn’t looking. But it’s okay, because I bought extra.


Enjoy your evening.

5 comments:

Farrah Rochon said...

Ha! I've always loved the holiday of free candy, too. :) This year I get to take the niece and nephew.

Enjoy, and have a happy birthday!

Michelle Beattie said...

first of all, Happy early birthday! I love Halloween too. There's a feel in the air today, love the smell, the anticipation. Hubby made the kids the best costumes, the yellow minions from Despicable Me. I will be out trick or treating with the little one while I still can! Not sure what I'll do when my kids are too old. Will I look funny going out on my own? lol
Happy Halloween, Rae Ann!

Rae Ann Parker said...

FARRAH: Thanks! Enjoy trick or treating with your niece & nephew.

MICHELLE: Thank you! Wow on the custom costumes made by your hubby. I liked the Despicable Me movie a lot. I'm sure your children will enjoy the costumes. And the candy!

Sphinx Ink said...

Happy birthday, Rae! Whaddya know, another Scorpio. (My birthday is Nov. 5, as is my grandson's. He will be 2 this Saturday.)

Hope you have a great birthday week.

Rae Ann Parker said...

Thank you SPHINX INK. Happy Birthday week to you & your grandson!